Rev. Martin Luther King: America’s Judeo-Christianity keeps his dream alive

Communities Digital News | 1/19/2020 | Dennis Jamison
applecanapplecan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.commdiginews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Martin-Luthur-King2.jpg

SAN DIEGO: On the day designated to honor the contributions of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Americans still wonder about the legacy of this incredible man of God. Unfortunately, the embattled political spheres in Washington repeatedly demonstrate they are not able to see the same vision as Dr. King. Watch the “I Have a Dream” speech at the Lincoln Memorial. If this moment is a measuring stick as to the general dysphoria of politics today, sensible citizens can sense the disconnect between Americans.

One can see that the words and intent that this crusader once shared with all Americans has increasingly been distorted and trivialized.

Words - Dream - Speech

When King spoke the words of his famous “I Have a Dream” speech, he shared:

“I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”

Words - Dr - King - Words - Ones

These words from Dr. King’s words are usually the ones most often quoted — the ones that are most remembered. They are easy to remember, but seemingly more difficult to understand. In fact, the content of character does not seem to be making as much news these days as one’s skin color.

Many Americans, of all colors, were genuinely moved when Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke at the Lincoln Memorial in 1963.

Martin - Luther - King - Dream - Millions

Martin Luther King’s dream resonated with millions of U.S. citizens.

This was disappointing to say the very least.

Message - Dr - Martin - Luther - King

Remembering the message of Dr. Martin Luther King: I have a dream today….

Yet, the jury is still out on the value of Barack Hussein Obama as POTUS, let alone being the fulfillment of the moral high ground of the Civil Rights Movement. It seems that America is more racially divided than ever.

Earl - Ofari - Hutchinson - Author - Analyst

In 2011, Earl Ofari Hutchinson, author, political analyst, and at the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Communities Digital News
Wake Up To Breaking News!