LUCY MANGAN: Why every parent must urge their teenager to watch the TV series Sex Education 

Mail Online | 1/18/2020 | Lucy Mangan For The Mail On Sunday
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/19/01/23578194-0-image-a-70_1579397448949.jpg

I'm not a prude. Well, I am, but only in the privacy of my own home. I'm very happy for others to do whatever they want with whoever, whenever they want, while I keep the bulk of my clothes on and my eyes averted.

But the TV series Sex Education is quite something – even if you're not at least three parts an aged Catholic aunt.

Creation - Laurie - Nunn - Escapades - Group

The creation of playwright Laurie Nunn, it follows the mostly sexual escapades of a group of 16-year-olds at fictional Moordale High.

The main character, Otis, has absorbed so much knowledge about carnal matters from his sex therapist mother Jean (played by Gillian Anderson) that it's put him off the practice itself.

Cool - Loner - Maeve - Business - Opportunity

Cool loner Maeve swiftly spots a business opportunity here and turns Otis's expertise into a money-making scheme, with him giving advice to fellow students in need of an education in real sex.

A second series of the drama launched on Friday on Netflix and it covers a huge amount of ground. From a couple who injure themselves during intercourse, to the inability to ****, via gay and **** sex, virginity loss, vaginismus and much more. Indeed, an awful lot of human life is here, and explicitly so.

Series - Criticism - TV - Reviewer - Entirety

Unsurprisingly, the first series received much criticism and I suspect the new one (which, as a TV reviewer, I've seen in its entirety) will do likewise. Not least because it begins with a bravura sequence proving that Otis has finally overcome his mental block.

You ought to watch it. No matter how many parts aged aunt you are, this is an important programme. And you must urge your children (from low teens and up) to watch it, too.

€? - €? - Message

Because – as well as being superbly written and hysterically funny – it has a vital message.

Although to the untrained eye it looks like something born...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!