Beauty expert Jessica Richards reveals major 2020 skincare trends

Mail Online | 1/18/2020 | Lisa Potter For Dailymail.com
jenny1246jenny1246 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/03/19/22961496-0-image-a-72_1578079353269.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/01/09/25098277914954746/1024x576_MP4_25098277914954746.mp4

Wellness has dominated the last decade and it's only going to gain momentum in the '20s. From crystals to cupping, boxing to booze-free, many of us have adopted new wellness practices for healthier bodies, and healthier minds.

The skincare industry in particular has seen major innovations as we continue on our quest for a healthier well-being, and that elusive skin glow. Blood has been shed, literally thanks to THOSE Vampire facials, so, what's next?

Femail - Guru - Jessica - Richards - Shen

Femail spoke to beauty guru Jessica Richards who owns Shen, the chic Brooklyn-based beauty store loved by the likes of Gwyneth Paltrow, Rachel Weisz and Carolyn Murphy, for her wellness trend predictions and must-have skincare products that are going to be big in 2020.

'I think the age of the perfectly airbrushed influencer is dying (thank god)', Jessica explains when discussing how beauty perception has changed on social media.

'People - Hair - Mess - Zit - Breakout

'People now want to see real-ness like waking up with your hair a mess, having a zit or breakout and how people fix it or combat it happening again, people being honest about fillers and injectables.'

'No one is perfect, it takes work and I think many of our customers just want to be themselves and enhance their own beauty. Not only with the new year of 2020, but with the beginning of the new decade, it's an exciting time to start this.'

Emphasis - Fake - Look - Help

With an emphasis moving away from the fake to natural, getting that your-skin-but-better look is still going to take a little help.

Luckily in 2020 we're only going to see more advanced skincare technologies emerging. 'Product innovation is key to the beauty industry as a whole and I think in terms of innovation, the device category will be the biggest here,' says Jessica.

Example - Shen - Machine

'For example at Shen we have just bought a machine that in 6...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!