‘The Mandalorian’ Season 2 Will Give Moff Gideon a Larger Role

Collider | 1/17/2020 | Adam Chitwood
Click For Photo: https://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/the-mandalorian-moff-gideon-giancarlo-esposito-600x338.jpg

When The Mandalorian Season 2 rolls around later this year, expect to see more of Giancarlo Esposito’s Moff Gideon. The Breaking Bad actor didn’t appear in the Disney+ Star Wars series until the penultimate episode of the first season, but we did get the feeling we’d just been introduced to the series’ Big Bad. Gideon seemed to know a lot about the show’s heroes—Pedro Pascal’s Mandalorian, Gina Carano’s Cara Dune, and Carl Wathers’ Greef Karga. Oh, and Baby Yoda I suppose, who is basically the show’s living MacGuffin.

At the end of The Mandalorian Season 1 finale, Gideon was bested by the heroes but emerged from his TIE Fighter wielding a dark lightsaber. The “darksaber” as it’s called is a vital piece of Star Wars mythology (at least to those who watched the Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels animated series), so we had a feeling that wouldn’t be the last we’d see of Moff Gideon. And we were correct.

TCA - /Film - Esposito - Moff - Gideon

Speaking at the TCA’s with /Film, Esposito confirmed that Moff Gideon has a larger role in The Mandalorian Season 2:

“It’s growing,” Esposito said. “Yes, I do. I most certainly do.”

Mean - Serialized

Does that mean we’ll be getting more serialized...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!