Graham: We will acquit him in a WEEK - and we will get Democrats to join us

Mail Online | 1/17/2020 | Nikki Schwab, Senior U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
trainmantrainman (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/17/13/23521316-0-image-a-78_1579266597591.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/01/16/6957022600857500955/1024x576_MP4_6957022600857500955.mp4

Sen. Lindsey Graham predicted President Trump would be acquitted by a bipartisan Senate after a week-long impeachment trial - giving the president a political bump before his February 4 State of the Union address.

Graham presented that sunny picture to Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity during an interview Thursday night.

Week - Acquittal - President - Trump - Graham

'I'm hoping this can be done in about a week and I predict a bipartisan acquittal of President Trump,' Graham said.

The Senate impeachment trial will begin in earnest on Tuesday, but has the potential to last much longer than a week as Republicans and Democrats squabble over whether new witnesses and documents should be permitted.

Democrats - Resolution - Senate - Majority - Leader

Democrats have yet to see the resolution Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will present to outline the rules of the Senate trial.

And it's likely they'll try to force votes to get evidence added.

South - Carolina - Republican - Comments - Close

The South Carolina Republican's comments came at the close of a day when Supreme Court Justice John Roberts arrived on the Senate floor to be sworn in.

Roberts will preside over Trump's impeachment trial. And quickly got to work swearing in the 100 senators, who will serve as 'impartial' jurors.

'Hannity - Graham - Ally - Trump - Senate

On 'Hannity,' Graham - a top ally of Trump's - railed against Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer's insistence on having additional witnesses testify as part of the trial, calling it an attack on executive privilege.

'I hope that nobody will be called as a witness,' Graham said, explaining the Democrats had their chance during the House investigation to call some of Trump's top people including former National Security Advisor John Bolton, acting White House Chief of State Mick Mulvaney and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. 'They chose not to call them,' Graham insisted.

Senate - Democrat - Name - Graham - Schumer

Calling out the Senate's top Democrat by name, Graham added, 'Chuck Schumer is not seeking the truth.'

'If...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.
Tagged: