REBECCA ENGLISH reveals a touching insight into Prince Harry's personality

Mail Online | 1/16/2020 | Rebecca English for the Daily Mail
jenny1246jenny1246 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/16/21/23496004-0-image-a-34_1579209492036.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/1418450360/2013/02/1418450360_2192422327001_Prince-Harry.mp4

Back in 2006 I was on my first visit to Lesotho to learn more about the work of Prince Harry’s new charity, Sentebale.

Sitting at the side of a dusty field on which a new school for Aids orphans was being built thanks to the charity, frantically tapping out my story on my laptop, I became aware of someone looking over my shoulder.

Harry

It was Harry.

Although I slapped his hand away and told him not to be ‘so bloody nosy’, he hunkered down next to me, both of us exhausted after our flights and covered with dirt.

We chatted for a while about ourselves, why he was so determined to use his fame to continue his mother’s work in breaking the stigma around the issue of HIV and Aids —and how much, no offence personally, he said, he hated the spotlight.

Confidences - Members - Royal - Family - Level

I will never break the confidences that members of the Royal Family have occasionally shared with me, and I certainly would not want to overstate the level of day to day interaction between members of the media, such as myself, enjoy with them.

But I do feel that such incidents offer us insights into the sorry state of affairs we have witnessed in recent days.

Harry - Mantle - Royalty - Boys - Pockets

Harry has never worn the mantle of royalty easily. He’s always just wanted to be one of the boys (albeit just one with deeper pockets and more houses than most).

Several times during our travels around the world since that Lesotho interlude — Nepal, New York, the U.S. and other African countries to name but a few — he has spoken to me of how he would just like to walk away from it all.

Meghan - Wish - Africa

Until he settled down with Meghan, his biggest wish was to go off and live in Africa.

‘I would love to just go and work as a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!