Bong Joon-Ho Enjoys Some Marvel Films But Doesn’t Think He’s “Suitable” For Directing One

The Playlist | 1/16/2020 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Bong-Joon-Ho-Tilda-Swinton-okja-1024x683.jpg

Bong Joon-ho is one of the best filmmakers working today, period. There’s no denying that. If you do deny that, then you can turn in your cinephile card to the receptionist down the hall. But just because he’s one of the most acclaimed filmmakers around doesn’t mean that he should line up to do a superhero film. And thankfully, Bong is self-aware enough to know that even if he wanted to, a marriage between him and Marvel is likely not going to work.

Speaking to Variety, Bong was asked about the idea of doing a Marvel film. Much like how he responds to every question, he gives a succinct, thoughtful, and honest answer. That is to say, even though he enjoys some of the films, he just doesn’t think a Bong/Marvel relationship is destined for greatness.

Marvel - Director - Filmmaker - Offers - Movies

“I don’t think Marvel would ever want a director like me,” the filmmaker admitted. “I don’t expect any offers from them anytime soon. Of their movies, I did enjoy the films by James Gunn and James Mangold’s ‘Logan,’ and I think they are great directors who can handle great projects like that.”

He continued, “The film industry seems complicated, but I think it’s quite simple for directors. It’s just best to do what you’re...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Satan's greatest desire is to convince the world he doesn't exist, and he has quite nearly succeeded.
Tagged: