HBO Max's chief says its $15-a-month fee won't be a problem

Mail Online | 1/16/2020 | Emily Crane For Dailymail.com
itsdonaldkitsdonaldk (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/16/18/23490312-0-image-a-33_1579199182894.jpg

The higher cost of the new HBO Max steaming service, compared to rivals like Netflix and Hulu, isn't expected to be a turn-off for customers, according to its chief content officer.

HBO Max, which is the latest in a string of new streaming services, is expected to launch in May.

Streaming - Service - Users - Month

The streaming service will cost users $14.99 a month.

HBO currently has two other streaming options: HBO Now, which is a standalone service that costs the same at $14.99 a month; and HBO Go, which is included with a paid cable TV subscription and can cost as low as $5.

Newer - Services - Apple - Disney - Subscriptions

Newer streaming services like Apple and Disney currently offer subscriptions for less than $7 per month.

HBO Max's chief content officer Kevin Reilly isn't worried about the higher costs and said the high-end fee won't be an obstacle to the streaming service's launch.

People - Entertainment - Experiences - Price - Motivation

He argued that people don't shop for entertainment experiences with price as the primary motivation.

'People don't say, 'I'd love to go to this concert, I don't really want to go to this one as much. But it's cheaper, so I guess I'll go to that one',' Reilly told a TV critics meeting Wednesday.

HBO - Customers - HBO - Max - Service

Beyond the existing HBO customers that are expected to convert to the new HBO Max service, Reilly said there was a deep pool of potential subscribers that would give them a 'substantial number more' in terms of users.

Fees for other new streamers include $5 for Apple TV Plus and $7 for Disney Plus, while established services including Hulu ($5.99), Netflix ($8.99)...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: