'Eyeborg' filmmaker has a video camera in his prosthetic eye that can record for up to 30 minutes

Mail Online | 1/15/2020 | Ian Randall For Mailonline
josh567josh567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/15/10/23426142-0-image-a-16_1579084748171.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/01/15/2706589677187714151/1024x576_MP4_2706589677187714151.mp4

A self-declared 'Eyeborg' filmmaker can record up to 30 minutes of footage with his Terminator-style prosthetic eye that glows red and has an embedded camera.

Rob Spence, 47, lost the sight in his right eye as a child following a shotgun accident.

Eye - Canadian - Video - Camera - Interview

On having the eye removed in 2008, the Canadian decided to replace it with a prosthetic containing a video camera — one that could record interview subjects.

The camera in the prosthetic is not connected to Mr Spence's optic nerve — so it does not restore the vision in his right eye.

Device - Everything - Video - Receiver - Monitor

However, the device can capture everything it sees and transmit the video to a receiver from where it can be recorded, played on a monitor or uploaded online.

The footage it captures literally offers Mr Spence's point-of-view — complete with glancing around and blinking.

Prosthetic - Battery - Minutes - Time

At present, the prosthetic's battery can run for around 30 minutes at at time before it needs to be recharged.

'For me being an "Eyeborg" is all about taking a bad situation and making it better,' Mr Spence told the Medical Device Network.

'I - Cyborgness - Individuality

'I don’t have to just "fit in" with a prosthetic. I can celebrate my cyborgness and individuality,' he added.

'In other words, being one-eyed can be f***ing cool.'

Eyes - Prosthetic - Shell - Circuit - Board

Each of the camera-bearing fake eyes comprises a two-part prosthetic shell that seals together, along with a circuit board, rechargeable battery, video camera and a wireless transmitter.

The shell was designed by ocular prosthetic maker Phil Bowen of Toronto, while the first version of the tiny circuit board and wireless camera hardware was developed by engineers Kosta Grammatis and Martin Ling.

Versions - Assistance - Video - Transmitter

Later versions were built with the assistance of wireless video transmitter and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't touch that, you don't know where it's been.