Michigan senator 'humiliated' 22-year-old journalist in front of group of high school boys

Mail Online | 1/15/2020 | Marlene Lenthang For Dailymail.com
cyanbytecyanbyte (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/15/23/23455288-0-image-a-12_1579131344675.jpg

Michigan Sen. Peter Lucido has come under fire for allegedly humiliating a female journalist at the state Capitol by telling her a group of high school boys 'could have a lot of fun with her'.

Allison Donahue, a 22-year-old reporter with the Michigan Advance, was outside the Senate chamber in Lansing on Tuesday to ask Lucido a question as he was meeting with a group of visiting high school male students from De La Salle Collegiate in Warren.

Donahue - Interview - Republican - Story - Part

Donahue tried to interview the 59-year-old Republican for a story she was working on, where it was revealed he was a part of a violent, anti-Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Facebook group.

He said he'd catch up with her after showing the group of visiting students around, saying, 'You've heard of De La Salle, right?'

Donahue

Donahue replied saying she hadn't.

'It's all all boys' school. You should hang around! You could have a lot of fun with these boys, or they could have a lot of fun with you,' he said.

Group - Teenagers - Laughter - Donahue - Punchline

The group of 30 teenagers proceeded to burst into laughter. Outraged Donahue walked away, thinking to herself, 'I had been the punchline of their "locker room" talk.'

'I’m 22 years old and one of the youngest current Capitol reporters. The senator’s insinuating comments about the "fun" I might have with a group of teenage boys was belittling and it came from a place of power,' Donahue wrote in piece for the Michigan Advance.

Lucido - State - Senator - Terms - House

Lucido has served as a state senator since 2019. He also served two terms in the House of Representatives from 2015 to 2018. He's now playing with the idea of running for governor in 2022.

Donahue said although she felt burned by his comment, she waited for him to finish speaking with the teens so she could conduct her interview.

But...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!