Donald Trump Signs Phase One Trade Deal with China

Breitbart | 1/15/2020 | Staff
amyc9948amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2020/01/trump-china-trade-deal-handshake-getty-640x335.jpg

President Donald Trump hosted a signing of the phase one trade deal with China on Wednesday, marking a significant milestone in pressuring China for fairer trade relations with the United States.

“Today we take a momentous step,” Trump said, claiming the deal helped “right the wrongs of the past.”

HE - Vice - Premier - Liu - China

H.E. Vice Premier Liu He represented China in the deal signing ceremony that was held on the East Room of the White House.

The Vice Premier read a statement from President Xi in Chinese, thanking President Trump for working out a deal that he called “good for the U.S. and China and the world,” according to a translator.

Xi - Statement - Deal - Relations - Countries

Xi also said in the statement that he looked forward to phase two of the deal, which would make relations between the two countries even better.

“China is prepared to work with the US in that direction,” the statement read.

Trump - Criticism - Trade - China - Pickings

Trump did not hedge his criticism of past trade with China, calling it “easy pickings.”

“It’s probably the biggest reason I ran for president,” he said. “Unlike others before me, I kept my promise.”

Dozen - Senators - Farm - States - Ceremony

Over a dozen senators, most of them from farm states, joined the ceremony with Chinese and American flags in the background, as well as a significant showing from members of Trump’s cabinet.

Prominent business and Wall Street figures also attended the packed event, as well as business advocates such as the Chamber of Commerce and the Business Roundtable.

Trump - Executives - EBay - Ford - Citibank

Trump singled out executives from eBay, Ford, Citibank, Honeywell, Boeing, UPS, General Electric, News Corp, and Jeep, in the audience, joking with some of them about how the deal would help their businesses.

“This is the biggest deal that anyone has ever seen,” Trump said. “It’s all a very, very beautiful game of chess, or game of poker, or, I can’t use the word checkers, because it’s far greater than any checker...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!