15-year-old Coco Gauff joked about going out for a drink when she was being left out of the action in a 'Rally For Relief' doubles game — 'but I'm too young'

Business Insider | 1/15/2020 | Meredith Cash
amyc9948amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://image.businessinsider.com/5e1f20e724fe1205434a3d19?width=1200&format=jpeg&imgtype=.jpg

Coco Gauff joked about grabbing a drink during a "Rally for Relief" doubles game Wednesday evening.

When the 15-year-old and Dominic Thiem, her opponent across the net, were being left out of the action during a prolonged one-sided rally, Gauff said "I would ask you to go on a drink with me, but I'm too young."

Crowd - Hand - Rod - Laver - Arena

The crowd on hand at Rod Laver Arena erupted in laughter after Gauff's quip during the charity event, which raised roughly $3.5 million for the victims of the ongoing bushfires in Australia.

Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Coco - Gauff - Tennis - Stars - Rally

Coco Gauff joined some of tennis' brightest stars at the "Rally For Relief" to help raise money for the victims of the Australian bushfires ahead of this year's Australian Open.

But when the 15-year-old — who was playing alongside greats like Serena Williams, Roger Federer, Caroline Wozniacki, Rafael Nadal, Naomi Osaka, and Novak Djokovic — was being left out of the action during one doubles game, she joked about heading off the court to grab a drink.

Okay - Gauff - Partner - Alexander - Zverev

"Okay, well," Gauff said as her partner, Alexander Zverev, held a sustained rally with Petra Kvitova on their side of the court.

Gauff then addressed her opponent, Dominic...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!