6 Ways to Make Time to Read

ChurchLeaders | 1/14/2020 | Staff
MicaellaMicaella (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/1.15.HOME_.CC.MakeTimeRead.jpg

Reading is one of my favorite pastimes and has been for as long as I can remember. I have fond memories from my childhood of staying up into the wee hours of the night, devouring books. My mom read aloud to us as children and did an excellent job instilling a love of reading into me.

I wanted to share some tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way to help build reading into my regular rhythms. (If you need some reading recommendations, here are the books I read in 2018 and 2019) Before we dive in, I thought I’d share some of my favorite quotes about reading.

Suggestions - Helpful - Appetite - Word

I hope you find these suggestions helpful and that they give you an appetite for the written word.

If you want reading to be a regular part of your life, you need to make it a priority. Duh, right? But seriously, block off time on your schedule, and develop the habit of reaching regularly for a book, instead of defaulting to reaching for your phone or the TV remote.

Below - Suggestions - Habit - Building

Below are a few suggestions for habit building:

Read in the morning before you get ready for the day.

Bedtime

Read before bedtime.

Read 10 pages a day.

Timer - Amount - Time - Phone

Set a timer, and read for a certain amount of time without touching your phone.

Personally, I read a few pages of a book in the morning after my quiet time and read before bed at night a few times a week.

Book - Spare - Minutes - Book - Pages

I always carry a book with me. Whenever I have a few spare minutes, I’ll take out a book and read a few pages. A few pages here and there really add up. Try it for a week. You’d be surprised how often you’ll be able to read.

I try to be selective about the book I carry with me. I aim for one that’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: