Steve McQueen to Produce Sci-Fi Series ‘Last Days’ for Amazon

Collider | 1/14/2020 | Jeff Sneider
Click For Photo: https://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/12-years-a-slave-steve-mcqueen-set-photo.jpeg

Oscar-winning filmmaker Steve McQueen has signed an overall deal with Amazon Studios and will produce a sci-fi series titled Last Days for the streaming service, it was announced Tuesday.

Last Days is described as a gripping sci-fi thriller in which the world’s governments have secretly created a controversial plan to selectively colonize Mars in the wake of a dying Earth and the rise of AI. The series will follow one woman’s journey to explore the truth about where she came from, at the risk of losing everything she knows. “It’s not as dystopian as you’d think, said Amazon Studios boss Jennifer Salke, who said there’s a twist to the series.

McQueen - Lammas - Park - Banner - Brit

McQueen’s Lammas Park banner will produce alongside Brit powerhouse See-Saw Films. “I’m thrilled about this new venture and partnership with Amazon. The idea of having a partner that will support and facilitate risk and change is more than exciting,” said McQueen, who won an Oscar as a producer on 12 Years a Slave, which also saw him nominated for Best Director.

McQueen is already in business with Amazon on the upcoming drama Small Axe starring John Boyega and Letitia Wright, which will premiere on Prime Video later this year. The six-part anthology series brings to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sometimes I Wake Up Grumpy. Other Times I Let Her Sleep