Warner Bros. Will Use Artificial Intelligence to Greenlight Movie Projects

Breitbart | 1/9/2020 | Staff
marikamarika (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2020/01/maxresdefault-11-640x335.jpg

Nearly two decades ago, Warner Bros. released Steven Spielberg’s A.I., about a humanoid boy brought to life by artificial intelligence technology. Now the Burbank studio is itself embracing A.I. in a major way to facilitate the greenlighting of potential movies.

Warner Bros. is teaming up with the Los Angeles-based Cinelytic to use the company’s A.I.-driven project management system that was launched for the motion picture industry last year.

Cinelytic - Announcement - Wednesday - System - AI

Cinelytic said in an announcement Wednesday that the system combines A.I. and cloud-based technologies to “enable entertainment industry professionals to make faster, and better-informed, decisions throughout the content value chain.”

In Hollywood, the greenlighting process is typically a data-intensive endeavor during which a studio must decide whether a pitch or screenplay, plus the attached talent, is financially viable. The process also involves determining the movie’s budget as well as an optimal release date.

Process - Executives - Tastes - Relationships - Talent

But the process is often just as subjective as analytical, relying on executives’ personal tastes and relationships with talent to help seal a deal.

Warner Bros. said the new technology will help it sift through data as the studio reviews potential...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!