Savannah Guthrie returns to Today and shares 'graphic' photo of the 'massive tear' in her retina

Mail Online | 1/6/2020 | Leah Simpson For Dailymail.com
PumpkinajnPumpkinajn (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/07/01/23082174-0-image-a-12_1578359261179.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/12/10/8374993189054203376/1024x576_MP4_8374993189054203376.mp4

Savannah Guthrie has shared before-and-after pictures of her retina to demonstrate her spectacular recovery after it was torn in an accident involving her son.

Guthrie, 48, had to undergo eye surgery in early December after her three-year-old boy Charley accidentally poked her in the eye with a toy truck while sitting on her lap late November.

Sight - Eye - Today - Monday - Anchor

She lost sight in one eye but as she returned to the Today show on Monday, the anchor told co-host Hoda Kotb: 'When I say "good to see you," I really mean it.'

Later on social media Guthrie revealed the good job doctors did to mend her.

Pictures - Cup - Tea - Instagram - Followers

'Actually this isn't gross at all but if retina pictures aren't your cup of tea then don't swipe!,' she warned approximately 846k Instagram followers.

'The first pic is my retina "before" - with a massive tear... that's that big dark spot in the middle of the pic.

Retina - Butter - Day

'The next one is my retina "after" - smooth as butter and reattached like new like the day I was born!'

Guthrie added in the social media post that came with a warning of a 'graphic image' and to 'swipe with caution': 'I'm so grateful to the careful doctors who operated on me and very hopeful about getting most of my vision back eventually!! Here's to 20/20 in 2020! #retinasofinstagram.'

Scans - Pictures - Return - NBC - Morning

She shared the scans after earlier posting pictures of her return to the NBC morning show.

'Can’t stop smiling to be back home with all my @todayshow loves today!!!' she captioned snaps of herself with Hoda Kotb, Al Roker and Carson Daly.

Action - Today - Health/Nutrition - Expert - Joy

'So relieved you're fully recovered and back in action,' Today show Health/Nutrition expert Joy Bauer commented.

Her first day back included a pre-recorded interview with Golden Globes winner with Tom Hanks.

Vision - Loss - Day - Injury

Despite her vision loss, she returned to work for one day following the injury, but...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!