American journalist outrages Manchester bombing survivors by mocking their symbolic bee tattoos

Mail Online | 5/22/2017 | Terri-ann Williams For Mailonline
iVchaniVchan (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/01/01/16/22881106-0-image-a-2_1577896838235.jpg

An American journalist has outraged members of the public who were caught up in the Manchester bombing after she mocked their symbolic bee tattoos, claiming 'they are flies'.

Joan Meiners posted an image that was made up of different tattoos people had inked on themselves to remember those who had lost their lives during the terrorist attack on May 22 2017.

Ms - Meiners - 'journalist/ecologist/athlete - Twitter - Page

Ms Meiners, who describes herself as a 'journalist/ecologist/athlete' on her Twitter page said she was looking to set up a business where she offered to look at people's bee tattoo designs, in order to determine whether or not they were actually bees.

On May 22, 2017, 22 innocent people lost their lives and 60 were injured at the end of an Ariana Grande concert after nuts and bolts were sent flying in the blast.

Tweet - December - 'I - Freelance - Business

In a tweet posted on December 31 she said: 'I’m considering starting a freelance business where I offer to look at your bee tattoo design and tell you whether or not it actually looks like a bee. What do you think? How much should I charge? Taxonomically, these are all flies.'

In the tweet she included an image which appeared to have been taken from an article which was published on global non-profit Public Radio International just days after the attack, which discussed why people were getting the tattoos and why the worker bee has a special link to Manchester.

Bees - Wings - Manchester - Bee

Bees have four wings, whereas the Manchester bee has just two.

Social media users have expressed their outrage at Ms Meiners and the tweet has since been retweeted over 250 times an has received a substantial amount of comments since it was published yesterday afternoon.

Twitter - Users - Ms - Meiners - University

Many Twitter users urged Ms Meiners, who previously studied at the University of Florida, to take down the tweet.

One added: 'Hey why don’t you check...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!