Mother of 'Batman mask' birth mark girl reveals $60,000 anonymous donation for treatment

Mail Online | 12/30/2019 | Will Stewart In Moscow For Dailymail.com
kringkring (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/27/21/22722870-0-image-a-16_1577483751784.jpg

An anonymous Russian benefactor has paid $60,000 in medical fees so that a Florida girl with a 'Batman mask' birth mark can complete pioneering treatment to cure her condition.

'Santa must be Russian,' said the child's mother Carol Fenner, 36, after being told about the 'amazing generosity' over Christmas.

Girl - Mother - Florida - Vacation - Break

The girl and her mother are currently in Florida for a vacation break and due to return to Russia early next year.

But Carol and husband Thiago Tavares, 32, were short of around $60,000 of the $140,000 fees despite her amazing efforts to raise money through GoFundMe.

Lack - Money - Treatment

The lack of money could have jeopardized the treatment.

The wealthy Russian man has already paid the outstanding amount to the clinic, enabling her therapy to continue in January.

Sources - Luna - Story

He insisted on remaining anonymous but sources said he was touched by Luna's story and wanted to help.

The clinic called Carol over the holiday to tell her the amazing news. The money was paid over on Christmas Day.

Miracle - Carol - Husband - Joy

'I think it's a miracle. We are so happy,' said Carol. 'Thiago, my husband, was crying with joy.

'Now I know Santa Claus is Russian.'

Carol - Payment

Carol admits at first she was 'shocked' and feared the payment was not real.

'The clinic texted me back after a phone call saying ''Carol it was not a joke.'''

Backers - 'This - Christmas

Thanking other backers too, she said: 'This was the most magical Christmas we have ever had.

'Thank you, what you have done for us is unforgettable.'

Deputy - Doctor - Krasnodar - Clinic - Andrey

Deputy chief doctor of the Krasnodar clinic, Andrey Aleksutkin, said the benefactor had insisted on remaining anonymous.

'We have received a $60,000 transfer from a Russian benefactor,' he said. 'According to agreement we cannot reveal his name.

'But I can say we have received...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
If the Government could just stop...