Greta Thunberg's father Svante says he thought the 16-year-old's eco-crusade was a 'bad idea'

Mail Online | 12/30/2019 | Lara Keay;Martin Robinson, Chief Reporter For Mailonline
AnnieFoxxAnnieFoxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/30/08/22791614-0-image-a-5_1577695130555.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/12/30/8425029747898167379/1024x576_MP4_8425029747898167379.mp4

Greta Thunberg today said she would refuse to meet Donald Trump face-to-face for a climate change summit because it would be a 'waste of time' as her father revealed he feared depression would kill his daughter before she launched her campaign.

The 16-year-old Swede launched an attack on the US President as she guest edited the BBC's flagship news radio show Today and said: 'He’s obviously not listening to scientists and experts. So why would he listen to me?'.

Mr - Trump - Miss - Thunberg - Time

Mr Trump was accused of mocking Miss Thunberg after she was named Time's person of 2019 this month saying she has an 'anger management problem' and must 'chill'. His team then shared a doctored photo of Time magazine's cover showing Mr Trump's head on her body.

When asked about the personal attacks Greta, who who famously gave Trump a furious look at the UN's climate action summit this year, said: 'Those attacks are just funny. They obviously don’t mean anything. It does mean they are terrified of young people bringing change. They don’t want that. They see us as some kind of threat'.

Miss - Thunberg - Today - Programme - Interview

Miss Thunberg's eco-heavy Today programme featured an interview with Sir David Attenborough, who praised the teenager and said she had 'woken up the world' to climate change and achieved more in a year than he had in decades. He said: 'You have made it an argument people can't dodge. People of my generation should be very grateful to you'.

And her father Svante today revealed he thought it was 'a bad idea' for his 16-year-old daughter to join the 'front line' against climate change - but said said it had 'saved her' after she stopped eating and talking during a long bout of depression.

Proud - Daughter - 'Not - Pride

When asked if he was proud of his daughter he said: 'Not at all. I don't care about pride....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!