Race row as elite schools REFUSE to take £1m donation

Mail Online | 12/29/2019 | Jake Hurfurt For The Daily Mail
TimHyugaTimHyuga (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/30/01/22783374-0-image-a-198_1577670849266.jpg

Two leading public schools have turned down gifts worth more than £1million for scholarships for poor white boys.

Sir Bryan Thwaites, 96, wanted to leave the money to Winchester School and Dulwich College because he had attended both on scholarships.

Students - Research - Achievers - Education - Offer

He planned to help poor, white students because research has shown that they are among the lowest achievers in education. The offer was apparently refused for fear it would break equality laws.

Last year a scholarship at Cambridge University, funded by grime star Stormzy, offered financial support for black British students.

Sir - Bryan - Times - 'If - Cambridge

Sir Bryan told The Times: 'If Cambridge University can accept a much larger donation in support of black students, why cannot I do the same for under-privileged white British?

'Winchester said it would harm its reputation by accepting my bequest, but in my opinion it would gain enormously by being...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.