NY Times Unhappy With Trump’s ‘Grievance-Laden Rant,’ Fails Fact Check

NewsBusters | 12/19/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/trumpletter.jpg

The New York Times was unhappy with Trump’s “6-Page Diatribe” Trump to Speaker Nancy Pelosi attacking her for the looming vote on his impeachment. A jump page to Wednesday’s lead story featured this text box: “A missive full of unproven charges that ignores the evidence.”

Another Wednesday story by Katie Rogers and Maggie Haberman didn’t win awards for objectivity either: “A Grievance-Laden Rant, for the Record, Written on White House Stationery.”

Fact-checker - Linda - Qiu - Trump - Rambling

Fact-checker Linda Qiu also tackled what she called Trump’s “rambling and angry letter to Speaker Nancy Pelosi.” But in her rush to correct him point by point, several attacks fizzled.

Trump: Congressman Adam Schiff cheated and lied all the way up to the present day, even going so far as to fraudulently make up, out of thin air, my conversation with President Zelensky of Ukraine and read this fantasy language to Congress as though it were said by me.

Mr - Trump - Comments - Representative - Adam

Qiu: This is exaggerated. Mr. Trump is referring to comments Representative Adam B. Schiff, Democrat of California and the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, made about the July 25 phone call between Mr. Trump and Mr. Zelenksy. In a congressional hearing in September, Mr. Schiff said he was conferring the "essence" of the conversation that was meant to be partially "parody." His account veered from the transcript in chronology and details at points, but it generally tracked with the transcript’s version of what Mr. Trump said on the call.

Seriously? A Schiff sample: "And I’m...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: