‘Watchmen’: Damon Lindelof Says He Doesn’t Have “A Really Cool Idea And A Justification” For Season 2…Yet

The Playlist | 12/16/2019 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Watchmen-Series-Finale-HBO.jpg

Last night, the first season of HBO’s “Watchmen” reached its stunning conclusion. If you read my review of the series, you know that I am a big fan of what Damon Lindelof and the rest of the writers, actors, and other filmmakers were able to do in nine hours of TV. Last night’s finale not only served as a great end for the story being told in the first season but also serves as a pretty great series finale. And according to Lindelof, that very well might be the case.

From the beginning of the season until now, the “Watchmen” creator-writer has never shied away from saying that he crafted this first batch of episodes to be completely self-contained and to have its own beginning, middle, and end. Now that the story has been told, and done so in a truly breathtaking and masterful way (thanks in no small part to actress Regina King and the rest of the cast), the inevitable question of whether or not there will be a Season 2 has come up.

EW - Lindelof - Season - Watchmen - Guy

Speaking to EW, Lindelof said he understands why there could be a Season 2 of “Watchmen,” but he’s unsure if there will be and whether or not he’s the guy to help tell that story.

“This is a love letter and an examination of the original ‘Watchmen’… I wanted everyone to know this is not the middle of the trilogy, this is not the beginning of a seven-season run,” Lindelof said. “In my opinion, the best iteration of any season of ‘Watchmen’ would mirror the original [graphic novel] in that it would be a self-contained story with the resolution of a fundamental mystery. There’s always going to be space for more ‘Watchmen.’ I feel like this world is so expansive — hopefully more expansive now than it...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Does it ever seem that life has become one long rerun?