Angelina Jolie's deaf employee claims the actress stole her idea for film Eternals

Mail Online | 9/13/2019 | Amethyst Tate For Dailymail.com
TaylorShayeTaylorShaye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/12/17/22164434-0-image-a-43_1576172668079.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/07/21/5425356571790558315/1024x576_MP4_5425356571790558315.mp4

Angelina Jolie's deaf former employee claims that the A-list actress stole a movie idea from her, and that she was treated 'like a second class citizen' during her three years of employment.

Jolie, 44, employed Antoinette Abbamonte to teach American Sign Language (ASL) to two of her six children between 2016 and 2019 in California.

Abbamonte - Film - Producer/actress - DailyMailTV - Maleficent

Abbamonte, 53, who also works as a film producer/actress, tells DailyMailTV that the Maleficent star 'looked down on her' and stole her idea of creating the first ever deaf superhero for the upcoming movie Eternals, set to release November 2020.

'I thought that [Jolie] was stealing my ideas to paint herself like she is helping the world,' Abbamonte said.

September - Abbamonte - Attorney - Michael - Ahmadshahi

On September 13, 2019, Abbamonte's attorney Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, sent an official demand letter to Jolie's legal team, claiming intellectual property theft.

The demand letter states: 'It appears that you expressly solicited the idea of the Deaf Superhero from Antoinette and commercialized it together with Marvel Studios and Disney without compensating Antoinette.'

Letter - Abbamonte - Credit - Idea - Jolie

The letter also calls for Abbamonte to be given credit as well as be compensated for her idea, which she submitted to Jolie, seen in emails obtained by DailyMailTV.

In a telephone conversation conducted through an ASL translator, Abbamonte, who now resides in California, said: 'She [Jolie] treated me like a second class citizen.'

World - People

'That's how I feel [and I want to] announce to the world that you can't treat deaf people like that.

'She completely wrote me off,' she said.

Abbamonte - Birth - Interactions - Jolie - Music

Abbamonte, who has been deaf since birth, claims that during one of their interactions Jolie repeatedly asked her if she could hear music playing and if she could dance.

'This was offensive and ignorant,' she said.

'You - People - Them

'You can't treat deaf people like they're worthless and look down on them.'

Abbamonte, a mother-of-four, says that Jolie became increasingly interested in her personal life...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!