‘Jumanji’ Star Kevin Hart Remains True to His Comic Roots

Variety | 12/10/2019 | Paul Plunkett
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/kevin-hart-walk-of-fame-ceremony.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

When Kevin Hart leaves his mark in the hallowed ground on Dec. 10, he’ll be joining a veritable who’s who of Hollywood legends over the past 90 years in an honor he’s still wrapping his head around.

“You don’t see these things coming, and when they happen you just get blown away,” says Hart. “Seeing it in the ground, lasting forever, giving my kids something to see, to hold onto, is so powerful.”

Honor - Hart - Wave - Success - Popularity

The honor comes as Hart rides a wave of success and popularity stemming from appearing in hit films such as “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” and its upcoming sequel, “Jumanji: The Next Level,” as well as having a versatile television presence whether acting or hosting, along with juggernaut stand-up comedy tours, specials, albums and a robust online presence.

No matter where his career takes him, he’ll always look back to comedy as the starting point.

Comedy - Piece - Escape - Hart - Days

“Comedy has just, forever, been a major piece of me. It’s acted as an escape,” Hart says, recalling difficult early days in his hometown of Philadelphia. “When I was younger, when things were tough in my household or tough in my life in general, I just gravitated toward the Philly approach to life. The laughter is what pulled the wool over those moments. I was able to shoulder, shrug and maneuver and get away, all through the power of laughter.”

As with many comics who grew up in the ’80s and ’90s, Hart points to Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor and Martin Lawrence as major early influences.

Guys - Time - People - Impact - Humor

“When you look at these guys, this is a time when all I wanted to do was to make people laugh,” he recalls. “You saw the impact that humor had on people, so it was an immediate ‘I want that!’”

Hart entered comedy on the ground floor, performing at amateur nights and paying...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!
This space intentionally left blank