10 Weekend “Misses” for Churches That Want to Reach New People

TonyMorganLive.com | 12/10/2019 | Tony Morgan
fofofofo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i0.wp.com/tonymorganlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/firing-2.png?fit=1600,900&ssl=1

Once You SEE What an Outsider SEES, You Can’t UNSEE It.

When my team at The Unstuck Group serves a church, the first phase of our process is the Ministry Health Assessment. We believe you have to get a clear perspective on where you are today before you can plan for where you are headed.

Highlight - Phase - Process - Shopper - Report

The highlight of this phase of the process is usually the “secret shopper” report churches receive after an Unstuck team member attends and reviews their weekend experience through the lens of a first-time guest.

10 Weekend Experience Issues for Churches That Want to Reach New People:

Guest - Services - Area - People - Newcomers

The Guest Services area is staffed with people who don’t engage with newcomers.

The church feels like a club. Guest service team members are more engaged with one another than with the guests. Guest services is the “first” in “first impressions.” It sets the tone. So if this team is off, my visit is already off.

Church

The church didn’t welcome me and help me know what to expect.

There’s a general lack of guiding visitors through the worship experience and explaining what to do in the different elements of the services, like singing, offering, etc. Specifically welcoming new people is frequently missed. Someone yells “welcome” and then all of a sudden people start standing up, and then they sing. The only place I sing is in my car or my shower. Guide me a little more. Invite me to sing, but give me permission to just take it in.

People - Stage - Church - Target

People on stage don’t reflect the church’s target “customer.”

The people on the platform should non-verbally communicate this is a safe place, a normal place, to the people you are trying to reach… just by being who they are. But many times the platform presence doesn’t reflect that. Many churches miss the 75% rule—having 75% of people on the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TonyMorganLive.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!