How Rachel Maddow became the first openly gay woman to host a prime time news show

Mail Online | 1/7/2020 | Caroline Howe For Dailymail.com
trainmantrainman (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/09/17/22017594-0-image-a-7_1575912159950.jpg

TV host Rachel Maddow climbed to the top of prime time news program charts with her Emmy award winning show all while embracing her sexuality as a **** pundit.

The 46-year-old first openly gay woman to host a prime time news show is a self-described butch **** with short hair and black-rimmed glasses who reads comic books, goes to monster truck rallies, loves to fish and describes herself as an 'amateur mixologist of classic cocktails'.

'Maddow - Path - Today - Lisa - Rogak

'Maddow has taken a truly unorthodox path to stardom and never apologized or changed who she is to get to where she is today,' writes Lisa Rogak in her book, Rachel Maddow: A Biography, to be published by Thomas Dunne Books on January 7, 2020.

'Concerning her sexuality - she's openly flaunted it and considers herself to be an outsider and this has shaped her philosophy and career,' Rogak describes Maddow.

Years - Success - Maddow - Depression - Kid

Despite her years of professional success, Maddow still experiences the depression that has dogged her since she was a kid and asserts: 'I am not a model of mental health.'

The Rachel Maddow Show could be called the Dr. Maddow Show as she's a Rhodes Scholar and holds a PhD from Oxford.

Flack - Haircut - Style

But she still has taken flack for her short haircut and tomboy style.

Alec Baldwin once referred to her fondly saying, 'I have to talk to Rachel Maddow - only one of us can have this haircut'.

Book - Battle - Depression

The book reveals her battle with depression.

Maddow knows it's coming on when she can no longer detect certain smells but that doesn't mean she gets through it easily.

Manifestations - Depression - Ability

'One of the manifestations of my depression is that I lose my will - and thereby the ability to focus'.

'If I'm not depressed and I'm on and I can focus, I can think through something hard and without interpretation and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.