‘The Matrix 4’: Jonathan Groff Joins Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss in Lana Wachowski’s Sequel

/Film | 12/9/2019 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/The-Matrix-4-Jonathan-Groff.jpg

Jonathan Groff, who stars in the Netflix series Mindhunter and voices the character of Kristoff in Disney’s Frozen films, is the latest actor to plug in to the newest Matrix sequel.

Groff has reportedly signed on to appear in Lana Wachowski‘s The Matrix 4, joining a cast that already includes returning veterans Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, and Jada Pinkett-Smith as well as franchise newcomers Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother), Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (Aquaman, Watchmen) and Jessica Henwick (Game of Thrones, Iron Fist). Welcome to the desert of the real, Mr. Groff.

Collider - Groff - Matrix - Role - Time

According to Collider, Groff has already signed on to The Matrix 4, although his role is still being kept a secret at this time. With his musical theater background, Groff seems like a perfect fit for a peppy Disney animation character, but he’s also proven he can handle subtler, quieter, darker material as the lead in Mindhunter, David Fincher’s serial killer drama on Netflix. I’m not sure if I’d fully buy him in full-on action star mode in a new Matrix movie, but I could easily see him inject a hint of personality into an otherwise straight-faced agent or as a friendly, affable part of the human resistance (maybe akin to someone like Tank in the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Millions in tribute, but not a penny left for charity.