Jon Cryer Teases Lex Luthor's 'Crisis' Power-Up, Working Batwoman's Last Nerve During the 'Chaos' Ahead

TVLine | 12/9/2019 | Matt Webb Mitovich
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/12/crisis-on-infinite-earths-cryer.jpg?w=621

When last we saw Lex Luthor at the close of Supergirl‘s fall finale, The Monitor informed the resurrected supervillain that “the universe will need a mind like yours” — and that Lex had a chance to “become the hero” he has “longed to be.”

What do the space god’s words mean for what’s ahead, as The CW’s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover enters Part 2 (Monday at 8/7c, in a special episode of Batwoman)? TVLine invited Jon Cryer to tease Lex’s agenda.

TVLINE - | - Time - Supergirl‘s - Season

TVLINE | At the time that you filmed Supergirl‘s Season 4 finale, what did you make of the “bonus” scene you did with the Monitor?

I thought it was just an “insurance policy,” to quote Rudy Giuliani. [Laughs] At that point, Warner Bros’ features side had not said that they were going to allow Lex to be used at all in another season. So when we shot that, it was really just in case Warner Bros. let them use Lex some more.

Thing - Sort - Experiment - Warner - Bros

The whole thing was sort of an experiment to begin with, because Warner Bros. features wasn’t sure they would let the Arrowverse have the character, and I was not known for my supervillain work [Laughs]. It was kind of, “Let’s see what happens here.” But we felt like we locked into a pretty great place, so by then I was hoping there would be more. I was also aware they were doing “Crisis,” so I personally had conversations with [WBTV president] Peter Roth and mentioned that I had loved “Crisis” as a series of books, and first of all they were crazy for undertaking it, and second of all, Lex was a pretty big part of that [storyline], so I’d be happy to help.

TVLINE | Tease the circumstances under which we see Lex in ‘Crisis’ Part 2.

TVLINE - Supers

TVLINE | The Supers...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!