This Morning presenter Ruth Langsford's sister Julia hanged herself after depression battle

Mail Online | 10/23/2017 | Lara Keay For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/28/11/21575786-0-image-a-83_1574939937871.jpg

The sister of This Morning presenter Ruth Langsford hanged herself at her family home after a long battle with depression, an inquest heard today.

Julia Johnson, 62, was found dead by her husband Paul at their home in Lingfield, Surrey in June.

Mr - Johnson - Daughter - Trip - Home

Mr Johnson had been away visiting their daughter, but cut his trip short and rushed home after she failed to answer his calls.

He returned just before midnight to find his wife unresponsive. She was pronounced dead two minutes later.

Inquest - Woking - Surrey - Today - Mrs

An inquest in Woking, Surrey today, which wasn't attended by Mrs Langsford and her husband Eamonn Holmes, ruled her sister died by suicide.

At the time, the ITV host, 59, told viewers her sister had died 'after a long illness'.

Week - Months - Studio - Tears - Phone-in

Devastated, she was unable to go to work that week and two months later she left the studio in tears unable to continue with a phone-in on anxiety and depression.

Announcing her sister's death on Twitter, Mrs Langsford wrote: 'My lovely Sis Julia has sadly died after a very long illness. My heart is completely broken.

'She - Soul - Forever

'She was the kindest and most gentle soul and I will miss her forever.

'As I am sure you will appreciate I need to take time to grieve with my family. Thank you for your understanding.'

Assistant - Coroner - Anna - Crawford - Mr

Assistant coroner Anna Crawford was told Mr Johnson went to visit their daughter on his own after his wife said she didn't want to come.

After attempting to contact her multiple times while he was away, Mr Johnson became so concerned he cut his trip short and rushed back home just before midnight.

Ms - Crawford - 'He - Wife - Garage

Ms Crawford said: 'He found his wife hanging in his garage.'

She did not leave a suicide note for her family and friends.

Hearing - Depression - Time

The hearing was told the 62-year-old had battled depression for a long time, but...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!