When Seeing Red is a Good Thing

Juicy Ecumenism | 11/27/2019 | Faith McDonnell
Sugar12Sugar12 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://juicyecumenism.com/wp-content/uploads/Bricks-100_preview.jpeg

I will be in Budapest next week for an international conference on the persecution of Christians. One of the evening activities that the Hungarian Prime Minister’s office for the Persecuted Church (maybe the only such state-level office in the world!?) has in store for us is to see the beautiful and historic Chain Bridge across the River Danube lit red to remember the persecuted. More about that when I return to DC, but in the meantime, I have re-posted an article about Red Wednesday…this time with days to spare, since it is not until November 27 this year!

When is it good to see red? Well, actually, tomorrow, Wednesday, November 22.

Red - Sign - RedWednesday - Effort - Place

It is good to see red when the red is a sign of #RedWednesday. This is an effort taking place tomorrow, to call attention to those who are persecuted for their faith around the world, using red. Red is the color traditionally associated with Christian martyrs, but this effort is for all victims of persecution and of anti-Semitism globally.

Many thanks to the 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative (21CWI) for introducing this campaign into the United States. #RedWednesday began in the United Kingdom, as a creation of Aid to the Church in Need (ACN-UK). ACN-UK envisioned a day on which the color red would be “floodlit on buildings, churches and other places of worship, social media and various other delivery paths to create awareness about the rising problem of persecution.” And they have been quite successful! The Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, and even the London Eye — the giant Ferris Wheel — show their solidarity with the persecuted, lighting up with a fiery red glow, on November 22, #RedWednesday.

Envisions - Response - Compassion - Solidarity - United

21CWI envisions a similar response of compassion and solidarity in the United States. They have been encouraging those who want to show solidarity to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Juicy Ecumenism
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Merry Christmas! It's not just for December any longer!