Doctor-Turned-Lawmaker Prescribes How to Improve Health Care

The Daily Signal | 11/20/2019 | Staff
roxy2707roxy2707 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/191119_obamacare.jpg

Health care continues to be a top issue for Americans, but it’s not getting much attention from Congress. Rep. Greg Murphy, R-N.C., a urologist, brings a unique perspective to the health care debate. Read a lightly edited transcript of the interview, posted below, or listen to the podcast:

We also cover:

Chick-fil-A - Surrender - Culture - Wars

Why Chick-fil-A’s surrender in the culture wars is so depressing.

What happened during Tuesday’s impeachment hearings.

College - Students - Economist - Art - Laffer

Why college students protest economist Art Laffer.

The Daily Signal podcast is available on Ricochet,iTunes, Pippa, Google Play, or Stitcher. All of our podcasts can be found at DailySignal.com/podcasts. If you like what you hear, please leave a review. You can also leave us a message at 202-608-6205 or write us at letters@dailysignal.com. Enjoy the show!

Rachel - Del - Guidice - Today - Daily

Rachel del Guidice: We’re joined today on The Daily Signal Podcast by Congressman Greg Murphy of North Carolina. Congressman Murphy, thank you so much for being here with us today.

Greg Murphy: Thank you so much for having me.

Del - Guidice - Freshman - Congress - Congress

del Guidice: So, you’re a freshman in Congress, and before serving in Congress, you worked as a urologist. Can you tell us a little bit about your road to Congress?

Murphy: My road Congress is an interesting one. Four years ago, I was fully employed as a surgeon in Greenville, North Carolina. I was chief of staff of our trauma center, our thousand-bed medical center, and the opportunity availed itself to serve in the General Assembly in North Carolina.

Vacancy - North - Carolina - House - Community

We had a vacancy in the North Carolina House, and I was asked by the community to see if I would serve. And I put my name forward, and then two and a half terms later, by the grace of God and all other things involved, I ended up in the United States Congress.

del Guidice: … Looking back a little bit, what led you to become a medical doctor?...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!