Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke Says She Felt Pressured to Do Nude Scenes

TVGuide.com | 11/19/2019 | Lindsay MacDonald
AavyAavy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://tvguide1.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2019/11/19/4e1aa9ac-0484-40ff-9318-93b717806e19/thumbnail/1300x867/1370c914556a8b3873c3009fab93eb0f/191119-emilia-clarke-game-of-thrones.jpg

Game of Thrones was known for an abundance of nudity throughout the series, especially in earlier seasons. Now, Emilia Clarke, who played Daenerys Targaryen, is speaking out about the nude scenes she filmed for HBO's popular series, saying she felt pressured on set.

Appearing on Dax Shepard's Armchair Expert podcast, Clarke said that especially in the show's first season, she felt pressured to do nude scenes she didn't want to do. "Season 1 was what it was. There was a f---ton of nudity," the Emmy-nominated actress said. "I took the job, and then they sent me the scripts, and I was reading them, and I was like, 'Oh, there's the catch! OK. All right then.'"

Clarke - Actress - Game - Thrones - Result

Clarke went on to admit that she was a young and inexperienced actress when she first booked Game of Thrones, and as a result, she often felt like she couldn't refuse when she was asked to disrobe for the camera. "I'd come fresh from drama school and I approached it as a job; if it's in the script then it's clearly needed, this is what this is, and I'm going to make sense of it. Everything's going to be cool... I'd been on a film set twice before then, and now I'm on a film set completely naked with all of these people, and I don't know what I'm meant to do, and I don't know what's expected of me, and I don't know what you want, and I don't know what I want. Regardless of whether there had been nudity or not, I just spent that first season thinking, 'I'm not...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
What's more plentiful, hydrogen or stupidity?