Alexander Vindman’s Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Heavy.com | 11/19/2019 | Jessica McBride
fofofofo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/alexander-vindman-family.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780

Click For Photo: https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2019/10/alexander-vindman-family.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

Alexander Vindman family including his twin Eugene Vindman.

Alexander Vindman is the Ukrainian-born Purple Heart recipient and U.S. Army lieutenant colonel who is testifying about his concerns regarding President Donald Trump’s interactions with Ukraine. Vindman hails from a family of immigrants who was raised in Brooklyn’s “Little Odessa.” He was 3 years old when his family left Ukraine for America.

Twin - Brother - Wife - Oklahoma - Ties

He has a twin brother, a wife with Oklahoma ties, and an older brother in investment banking. His full name is Alexander Semyon Vindman, with the middle name coming from his father. As for his politics, campaign finance records do not show any federal donations for him, and his social media page does not contain anything visibly political. The Jewish Telegraph Agency describes Alexander Vindman, 44, as “a Jewish refugee from that country (Ukraine) when it was part of the Soviet Union.”

“I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government’s support of Ukraine,” Alex Vindman said in the written statement he was giving to Congress on Trump.

November - Vindman - Brother - Testimony - Congress

On November 19, 2019, Vindman brought up his brother (who was present) and father during testimony to Congress. He declared himself “grateful to be a U.S. citizen,” in a country where “I can live free.” He then spoke to his father (who was not present), saying that the fact he was sitting in the U.S. Capitol speaking freely as he was was “proof you made the right decision 40 years ago to leave the Soviet Union… do not worry, I will be fine for telling the truth.”

In his statement to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, and the House Committee on Oversight and Reform, Alexander Vindman wrote, “I have dedicated...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Heavy.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!