David Attenborough says the world is finally tackling the 'vile' scourge of plastic waste

Mail Online | 11/19/2019 | Ian Randall For Mailonline
trainmantrainman (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/19/14/21202184-0-image-a-26_1574172264403.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/09/27/8160624300503287554/1024x576_MP4_8160624300503287554.mp4

The world's population is beginning to change its attitude towards plastic waste and the damage it causes, broadcaster Sir David Attenborough has commented.

Awareness of the threat caused by plastic pollution is spreading, he said, with the public demonstrating that they care about the issue and want to make changes.

Sir - David - Comments - BBC - Winners

Sir David made the comments as he and the BBC were announced as the winners of the 2019 Chatham House Prize for improving international relations.

The award was granted in recognition of their Blue Planet II documentary series, which highlighted the problems than plastic pollution is causing the natural world.

Behaviour - Sir - David - BBC

"I think we're all shifting our behaviour, I really do,' Sir David told the BBC.

'People in all parts of society are aware of what's happening,' he added.

'It - Vile - Something - World - Effect

'It's vile, it's horrid and it's something we are clearly seeing inflicted on the natural world and having a dreadful effect and there's something [we] can do about it.'

'So in a way it's a bit of a litmus test to see if the population care about it — and people do.'

Think - Habits - World - Planet

'I think we are changing our habits, and the world is waking up to what we've done to the planet,' he concluded.

Sir David made the remarks as he and the BBC Studios Natural History Unit were announced as the winners of the 2019 Chatham House Prize.

Award - Affairs - Tank - Individuals - Organisations

The annual award from the London-based foreign affairs think tank is awarded to individuals or organisations for contributions to improving international relations.

Sir David and colleagues were recognised for their production of the 'Blue Planet II' documentary series, which aired in late 2017 and early 2018.

Nominees - Year - Award - Prime - Minister

Other nominees for this year's award included Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed, for his progressive leadership, as well as Icelandic Prime Minister Katrín Jakobsdóttir for her work in the areas of gender equality and female economic...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Why do democrats never have to face the reality of what's on the ground, like 2000 years of marriage.