WATCH: Stephen A. Smith on Kaepernick: ‘He Don’t Want to Play, He Wants to Be a Martyr’

Breitbart | 11/19/2019 | Staff
joseph76joseph76 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/11/Getty-Images_Matt-Winkelmeyer-640x335.jpg

View this post on Instagram

The more you talk, the more ridiculous you sound, @e_reid35. Actually, it’s worse than I thought since you’re the one tweeting at me hours before a damn game. And speaking of the game, weren’t you in Atlanta in attendance for Kaepernick’s workout yesterday — before having to leave EARLY to play for a team in a league you’re feeling so oppressed by? Wasn’t that you? Just asking! Hold on! I have more! That same Malcolm X — who we all revere for life — you just brought up acknowledged there were slight errors in his thinking. You didn’t bring that up? You Eric Reid went through the same process Kap was suppose to be go through and you’re still playing on Sunday. But you didn’t bring that up! And unlike you, walking around and doing nothing but bitching at every turn, myself and many others in the media have religiously called out the NFL for blackballing Kap. We’ve religiously highlighted the unfairness of it all. And some of us have worked behind the scenes, trying to help Jay-Z and others in their quest to get Kap back in the league. Meanwhile, what is Eric Reid doing? Complaining like he wants to be on @firsttake. Failing to stop the run on Sundays. Talking S$&@ about the NFL at every turn.......but asking for that check, no doubt! Yet, I’m the one tap dancing. Why? Because I’m gainfully employed while trying to remind youngsters out her of the pitfalls that lie-in-wait. Meanwhile, someone like you continues to throw professionalism, decorum and decency into the wind — sending folks down a dead-end path — all because your boy isn’t getting precisely his way.....when NO ONE gets their way. So who’s the SELLOUT! Guess what, it’s neither of us. We just have a difference of opinion. I still respect the hell out of your immature, belligerent self. But I’m going to call it like I see it. Kaepernick made a mistake the way he handled all this.......IF he really wants a job in the NFL. Period. And your contribution to all of this doesn’t help. It hurts. It ain’t about you being wrong. It’s about you needing to grow the hell up. Your decision. Your life! Do you!

A post shared by Stephen A. Smith (@stephenasmith) on

ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith doesn’t think Colin Kaepernick really wants to play football. Instead, Smith believes Kaepernick “wants to be a martyr.”

The ESPN host posted a Facebook rant blasting the free agent quarterback for canceling a scheduled workout for 25 NFL teams on Saturday at the Atlanta Falcons’ facility and moving it to a Georgia high school, so the media could see it. The NFL workout wasn’t open to the media. Only seven team representatives attended the high school workout.

Play - Martyr - Time - Smith - Facebook

“You see? He don’t wanna play. He wants to be a martyr. But, guess what? It ain’t working this time,” Smith said on Facebook.

Smith added: “You don’t want to work (in the NFL), you just want to make noise and control the narrative. It’s over, Colin Kaepernick’s aspiration for an NFL career. It is over.”

Kaepernick - San - Francisco - NFL - Anthem

Kaepernick, a former San Francisco 49er, hasn’t played in the NFL since 2016, and believes he’s been blacklisted since he started the anthem kneeling movement. He sued the NFL for collusion and settled for an undisclosed amount.

Kaepernick’s close friend, Carolina safety Eric Reid, one of only two players still kneeling during the anthem before NFL games (the other is Houston receiver Kenny Stills), disagrees with Smith’s premise that Kaepernick “don’t want to play.”

Reid - ESPN - David - Newton - Proof

“That’s nonsense,” Reid told ESPN’s David Newton. “The proof of the workout was to show he can play the game, was to show he can throw the ball, and he did that. The NFL wanted to control the narrative by not letting independent NFL media into the workout to document the workout.”

It’s rare that reporters are let into NFL free agent workouts.

Smith - Wonders - Kaepernick - NFL - Workout

Smith wonders why Kaepernick backed out of the NFL workout and moved...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!