Screenwriter Tracy Letts Says Working on ‘The Woman in the Window’ “Kinda Sucked”

Collider | 11/18/2019 | Tom Reimann
Click For Photo: https://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/lady-bird-laurie-metcalf-tracy-letts.jpg

Actor, Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright and screenwriter Tracy Letts didn’t have the best time working on the upcoming thriller The Woman in the Window. Letts adapted the screenplay from the novel by A. J. Finn for 20th Century Fox. The film, directed by Joe Wright and starring Amy Adams, Julianne Moore, Gary Oldman, Anthony Mackie, and Brian Tyree Henry, was supposed to be released this past October, but after the Disney/Fox merger, the House of Mouse opted to push it back until May 2020 after some rewrites and reshoots. In an interview with The Playlist, Letts was pretty candid about his experience working on the film.

“It kind of sucked,” he says. “I read the book and I thought, oh this will make a good movie, I can do this job. And then I got into the weeds of it. I was like, oh ****, this is hard. And I was also working with a lot of producers, a director and they had a lot of notes and it was hard.”

Letts - Script - Everyone - Film - Audience

Letts says he eventually produced a script that everyone was happy with, but when the film was screened for an audience, “they didn’t like it. And so there have been some...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...