Julian Assange's father attends court extradition hearing

Mail Online | 11/18/2019 | Richard Spillett, Crime Correspondent For Mailonline
darktm22darktm22 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/18/11/21151806-0-image-a-45_1574076848030.jpg

Julian Assange's father attended a London court today to see his son appear via a videolink from high-security Belmarsh prison.

A court hearing was held at Westminster Magistrates Court this morning ahead of what it expected to be a long-running extradition battle to get for Wikileaks founder to the U.S.

Father - John - Shipton - Supporters - Court

His father, John Shipton, was among supporters in the court's public gallery, who saw Assange appear on a TV monitor.

The 48-year-old WikiLeaks founder is accused of leaking US government secrets in one of the largest breaches of confidential information.

Assange - Jumper - Glasses - Identity - Hair

Assange wore a grey prison-issue jumper and thin-rimmed glasses and spoke only to confirm his identity. His white hair slicked back and appeared to have stubble.

Gareth Peirce, representing Assange, told the court that her client was unable to adequately prepare for his 'very challenging case' as the computer he had been given was not suitable.

Ms - Peirce - 'I - Record - Case

Ms Peirce said: 'I will put it on the record, you will understand that we are working extremely hard on this very challenging case; however,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It's a fight to the death, which you will eventually lose...