7 Signs of Unchecked Arrogance in Young Leaders

ChurchLeaders | 11/18/2019 | Staff
ZorraZorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/11.18.HOME_.CC.UncheckedArrogance.jpg

Let me start this post with two caveats: first, young leader, know that I love you. I’ve devoted much of my life to investing in you and sending you out. Second, know that I plan to address older leaders tomorrow, too, as all of us must continually check our hearts. If you’re a younger leader, be aware of these problematic signs:

You’re seemingly inches away from giving up on the institutional church. I know the church is far from what we’re supposed to be, but the church is still God’s plan. If the apostle Paul didn’t give up on the Corinthian church (see 1 Cor 1:4-9, 16:24), we have little reason to give up on today’s church.

Influencers - Life - Peers - Case - Life

All of the influencers in your life are your peers. When that’s the case, we have nobody with life experience and tested wisdom speaking into our lives. Sometimes, frankly, that’s because we don’t believe older people have anything relevant to say to us—and that’s arrogance.

You have a track record of “church hopping.” You’d never call it that, but you move from church to church to church because you can’t find the congregation that is what you believe they should be. You live in spiritual frustration because no church seems to “get it” like you do.

Time - Ism - Gospel - Non-believers - Theology

You spend more time fighting for your theological “ism’s” than you do sharing the gospel with non-believers. I’m convinced with you that theology clearly matters—and a bad theology will hardly lead...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??