Prince Andrew 'stands by his decision to give BBC interview'

Mail Online | 3/10/2001 | Rod Ardehali;James Gant For Mailonline
InLove4567InLove4567 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/17/18/21125596-0-image-a-4_1574016310838.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/backup/2019/11/17/3265789705390868212/1024x576_MP4_3265789705390868212.mp4

Prince Andrew 'stands by his decision' to give a BBC interview addressing the Jeffrey Epstein scandal sources insisted today.

The defiant message comes 24 hours after he was slammed for the 'car crash' TV chat with Emily Maitlis, described as a 'PR disaster' and 'desperate, toe-curling bulls***.'

Sources - Duke - York - Issues - Head-on

Sources close to the Duke of York said he wanted to address the issues head-on and did so with 'honesty and humility'. But his increasingly egregious remarks led to a fierce online backlash blasting the eighth in line to the throne.

The prince was lambasted for insisting he doesn't recall meeting Epstein 'sex slave' Virginia Roberts, and claimed to not have spent time with her at Tramp Nightclub in London on March 10, 2001, after which she claimed the pair first had sex.

Occasions - Encounter - Daughter - Princess - Beatrice

He denied he slept with her on three separate occasions, saying the alleged encounter in 2001 did not happen because he had taken daughter Princess Beatrice to Pizza Express in Woking for a party, and they spent the rest of the day together.

The muddled explanations were widely condemned online, with Piers Morgan leading a barrage of comments branding the interview 'astonishing.'

Morning - Britain - Presenter - Praise - Newsnight

The Good Morning Britain presenter, 54, heaped praise on Newsnight interrogator Maitlis's 'brilliant forensic dissection', but questioned why the Duke agreed to be grilled for an hour on his friendship with the paedophile billionaire, Epstein.

He tweeted: 'This is one of the most astonishing interviews I've ever watched. Brilliant forensic dissection by @maitlis - desperate, toe-curling bulls*** from Prince Andrew. Why on earth did he do this? Insane.'

Others - Media - TV - Presenter - Carol

Others piled in on social media, with TV presenter Carol Vorderman tweeting: '#PrinceAndrew So I didn't speak to him for 4 years because it wasn't appropriate, but when he was released from prison for sex offences I didn't ring him..no.., I flew to America to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!