‘Parasite’: Writer/Director Bong Joon-ho Breaks Down Some Key Scenes

/Film | 11/17/2019 | Ben Pearson
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/Parasite-Bong-Joon-ho.jpg

Bong Joon-ho‘s Parasite has become the highest-grossing international film of the year in the United States, and for good reason: the film, which won the Palme d’Or (the top prize) at this year’s Cannes Film Festival, arrived with a level of hype that we haven’t seen in quite some time outside of blockbuster circles. And since it’s one of the best movies of the past decade, it’s strong enough to carry all of that hype on its shoulders and still deliver on every level.

In a new video, Bong Joon-ho and actor Choi Woo-shik (who plays the poor Kim family’s only son, Kim Ki-woo) break down some of the key sequences in the movie, detailing how nothing – not even a passing bus in the background – is accidental.

Head - Heels - Love - Movie - Commentary

I’m head over heels in love with this movie, and while I’m dying to listen to a commentary which breaks down the entire film (especially some of its more thrilling and surprising moments), it’s fascinating in the meantime to hear them talk about the practical sets that were constructed for this project. (You can see a photo of the blue screen mentioned in the video and read all about the wealthy Park family’s house in Architectural Digest.) I also appreciated the bit about doing three takes to make sure they...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Been there, done that, twice...