Piers Morgan brands Prince Andrew 'insane' for agreeing to disastrous TV interview

Mail Online | 3/10/2001 | James Gant For Mailonline
ditranianditranian (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/17/09/21114156-0-image-a-51_1573983733035.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/backup/2019/11/16/9127771612916105335/1024x576_MP4_9127771612916105335.mp4

Piers Morgan has led a fierce online backlash against Prince Andrew as he branded the Royal's car crash interview last night as 'desperate toe-curdling bulls***'.

The Good Morning Britain presenter, 54, heaped praise on Newsnight interrogator Emily Maitlis's 'brilliant forensic dissection', but questioned why the Duke of York agreed to be grilled for an hour on his friendship with paedophile billionaire Jeffrey Epstein.

'This - Interviews - Brilliant - Dissection - @

He tweeted: 'This is one of the most astonishing interviews I've ever watched. Brilliant forensic dissection by @maitlis - desperate, toe-curling bulls*** from Prince Andrew. Why on earth did he do this? Insane.'

The 'no holds barred' interview saw the Prince quizzed on his relationship with Epstein - and he again denied ever having sex with the financier's 'sex slave' Virginia Roberts.

Duke - Flurry - Questions - Links - Paedophile

The Duke, 59, faced a flurry of questions about his links to the paedophile, who was found dead aged 66 earlier this year in a New York prison cell while being held on sex trafficking charges.

Andrew maintained he does not recall meeting Miss Roberts and did not spend time with her at Tramp Nightclub in London on March 10, 2001, after which she claims the pair first had sex.

Occasions - Encounter - Daughter - Princess - Beatrice

He denied he slept with her on three separate occasions, saying the encounter in 2001 did not happen because he had taken his daughter Princess Beatrice to Pizza Express in Woking for a party, and they spent the rest of the day together.

But social media users were sceptical following the 9pm show on Saturday.

TV - Presenter - Carol - Vorderman - PrinceAndrew

TV presenter Carol Vorderman tweeted: '#PrinceAndrew So I didn't speak to him for 4 years because it wasn't appropriate, but when he was released from prison for sex offences I didn't ring him..no.., I flew to America to tell him in person that I STILL wasn't going to talk to him...RUN THAT BY ME AGAIN.'

Rose McGowan, an actress...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!