Teen with a disability has her dream of being a model come true as she lands beauty campaign

Mail Online | 11/15/2019 | Charlie Lankston;Freya Drohan For Dailymail.com
townskey13townskey13 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/15/17/21062432-0-image-a-7_1573837345708.jpg

A teenager with disabilities who has dreamed of being a model her whole life said she was blown away by how beautiful she looked in her debut photo shoot: a campaign for a newly-launched beauty brand.

Lexi Blake, 15, has epilepsy, Dandy-Walker syndrome, autism and ADHD; Dandy-Walker syndrome is a rare brain malformation that results in delayed development.

Lexi - Disability - Dreams - Model - Posing

But Lexi has never allowed her disability to stop her following her dreams, which have always included becoming a model and posing in front of the camera - a goal she was able to achieve after a photo producer planning a campaign for new Indie skincare brand Kinship scouted Lexi at a restaurant in Venice Beach.

Lexi immediately agreed to the shoot, which took place the next day - and she says that when she saw the resulting photos for the first time, she was blown away.

'I - Wow - Way - Model - DailyMail

'I looked at them and thought, "Wow is that really me? I look beautiful." I'm finally on my way to become a model,' she told DailyMail.com.

'I have wanted to model since I was a baby,' she added. 'I love having my picture taken and I love attention.'

Kinship - Beauty - Brand - Opportunity - Teenager

Working with Kinship, a newly-launched clean beauty brand, was a particularly special opportunity for the teenager, who says that she is keen to partner with brands and companies that spread the same kind of positivity that she always aims to share.

'I want to work with brands that have a good message,' Lexi said, before revealing that some of her favorite companies include 'Kinship, Disney, Nike, and Skechers'.

Anything - Lots - Lots - Animals - Platform

'I want to model for anything that has lots and lots of animals, and a platform where I can inform everyone that being special isn't a bad thing,' she continued.

'I have super powers and want everyone to see. I want everyone...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!