Survivors at a California high school recall the moment they heard the gunman open fire

Mail Online | 11/14/2019 | Valerie Edwards For Dailymail.com;Associated Press
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/14/19/21020514-0-image-a-49_1573759761617.jpg

Students and teachers who survived a shooting at a California high school Thursday morning are recalling the moment they heard the gunman open fire as terrified parents and grandparents wait to be reunited with their loved ones.

Brooklyn Moreno, a student at Saugus High School, said after hearing gunshots she 'ran right out of school as fast as I could'.

Moreno - ABC - News - 'there - Front

Moreno told ABC News that 'there was girls falling in front of me' as they were all running to find safety.

'I was trying to help them up and then I just kept running because I didn't want to get hurt either.

Parents - Reunification - Children - School - Authorities

Anxious parents are awaiting reunification with their children near the high school where authorities say a 16-year-old student opened fire, killing a 16-year-old girl and wounding several others.

Two grandparents searching for their granddaughter, Isabella, spoke to reporters at the scene.

Isabella - Grandmother - Rosa - Arreola - NBC

Isabella's grandmother, Rosa Arreola, told NBC that they had spoken with their granddaughter who had been taken to safety at a nearby park.

The teen's grandfather also said that Isabella's friend was killed during the shooting.

Students - Saugus - High - School - City

Students from Saugus High School in the city of Santa Clarita have been gathered in a park following the shooting around 7.30am Thursday.

Los Angeles County Undersheriff Tim Murakami tweeted an apology to the parents, saying investigators need to interview the students before they can be released.

Sheriff - Alex - Villanueva - Shooter - Student

Sheriff Alex Villanueva says the shooter is a student who is being treated at a hospital, but he has released no other details.

A hospital reported that one female victim succumbed to her injuries and two males are in critical condition. Another male is in good condition.

Student - Sean - Team - Coach

A student named Sean said he was training with his team and coach when they immediately...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?