Cowboys fans threaten to boycott if the team signs Colin Kaepernick

Mail Online | 11/14/2019 | Megan Sheets;Luke Kenton For Dailymail.com
MijacMijac (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/14/17/21016944-0-image-a-134_1573753601303.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/08/07/8172903650037352757/1024x576_MP4_8172903650037352757.mp4

Dallas Cowboys fans are threatening to boycott the team if it signs free agent Colin Kaepernick as the former 49ers quarterback prepares for his private workout this weekend amid speculation that the session could be a PR stunt orchestrated by NFL officials.

The NFL invited all 32 teams to attend the workout on Saturday - offering Kaepernick the chance to return to the field for the first time since his protests against racial injustice roiled the sport three years ago.

Representatives - Miami - Dolphins - Atlanta - Falcons

Representatives from the Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Falcons and the Detroit Lions have all confirmed they'll be attending the session at the Falcon's training camp, and at least seven others have reportedly committed as well.

ESPN's Josina Anderson reported on Twitter Tuesday that the Dallas Cowboys were among the teams sending representatives - but the news was not well received by fans.

Dozens - Cowboys - Supporters - Reports - Team

Dozens of Cowboys supporters responded to the reports by vowing to abandon the team if it signed Kaepernick.

'I wont watch another cowboy game in my life if they pick that POS up,' one fan tweeted in response to Anderson's post.

'You - America - Team - Someone - National

'You can't call yourself America's team and then sign someone who kneels for the National Anthem,' a person who claims to have been a Cowboys fan since the 1970s wrote. 'If it happens, I will be a [Houston] Texans fan.'

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett remained tight lipped on whether the invitation would be accepted during a press conference Wednesday.

Situation - Garrett - Kaepernick - 'We - Personnel

'I'm not really in-tuned to that situation very much,' Garrett said of Kaepernick. 'We have personnel people who evaluate all guys who have an opportunity to hopefully help our team.'

The Cowboy's current quarterback, Dak Prescott, is out of contract at the end of the season.

Kaepernick - Season - Tweet - Tuesday - League

Kaepernick, who hasn't played since the 2016 season, confirmed in a tweet Tuesday that league officials...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!