Pop Star Spars With Salvation Army, Demands Donation to LGBT Group

The Daily Signal | 11/14/2019 | Staff
bethtetleybethtetley (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/GettyImages-479066772.jpg

Tony Perkins is president of the Family Research Council.

It’s two weeks until Thanksgiving, but the NFL’s halftime singer is already calling time out.

Ellie - Goulding - Musician - Day - Game

Ellie Goulding, the musician who was scheduled to perform at the turkey day game, is threatening to pull out of the show if the Cowboys’ spotlighted charity—the Salvation Army—doesn’t fold on its Christian beliefs.

Either give a donation to an LGBT group, Goulding demanded of the nonprofit, or I’m out. In that case, some say, don’t let the arena door hit you on the way out.

Goulding - Endorsement - Salvation - Army - Instagram

For Goulding, who’d just posted a glowing endorsement of the Salvation Army on Instagram, the threat was a complete surprise.

A smiling Goulding, wearing a red apron at a homeless shelter, had nothing but good things to say about the organization two days earlier, insisting that the Salvation Army helps “Americans overcome poverty, addiction, and economic hardships through a range of social services.”

People - Cold - Food - Day - Chat

She says she sat and spoke to “several people who had come in from the bitter cold for some food (they serve to over 150 per day here), warmth, and perhaps a chat with one of the volunteers.”

All it took was one follower, replying with a ridiculous lie that the Salvation Army “let[s] queer homeless people die,” and Goulding snapped to attention, willing to throw millions of needy people under the bus to prove her LGBT loyalty.

Salvation - Army - Choice - Pledge - Donation

“Upon researching this, I have reached out to The Salvation Army and said that I would have no choice but to pull out unless they very quickly make a solid, committed pledge or donation to the LGBTQ community,” she wrote. “[S]upporting an anti-LGBTQ charity is clearly not something I would ever intentionally do. Thank you for drawing my attention to this.”

No one is quite sure what “research” Goulding actually did, since even members of the gay community...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!