Ask Jillian Michaels: I want to exercise more, but it's so difficult for me to overcome my natural laziness. How do you stay motivated every day to work out?

Business Insider | 11/13/2019 | Jillian Michaels
Click For Photo: https://image.businessinsider.com/5dcc6a12695b58183544e070?width=1200&format=jpeg&imgtype=.jpg

In a new advice column for Insider, Jillian Michaels is answering reader questions on subjects like diet, exercise, and health.

Jillian Michaels is a leading health and fitness expert, nutritionist, and author.

Question - Michaels - AskJillianMichaels - @ - Insider

Do you have a question for Jillian Michaels? Send them to AskJillianMichaels@insider.com.

Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.

Question - Laziness - Day

Question: I want to exercise more, but it's so difficult for me to overcome my natural laziness. How do you stay motivated every day to work out?

This has got to be the most common question I get: "How do I get or stay motivated?"

Question - Truth - Matter - Management - Health

And it's a great question, because the truth of the matter is that weight management, overall health, and wellness are truly simple. It's a matter of managing the amount of calories you eat based on your goal, managing the quality of your foods based on simple common sense — don't eat foods that have artificial colors and flavors, and try to go organic with meat, dairy, and thin-skinned fruits and vegetables — and moving your body more.

So if it's so simple, why is it so hard for people? Because it's work. Anything in life worth having is work. Period. Whether it's a healthy relationship, a healthy career, or a healthy body, you will have to work for it and sacrifice for it to a certain extent. This is the "how" of success — educating yourself on the task at hand, determining the smartest course of action to move forward, and then doing the work.

Key - Goal - People - Question

The key to tolerating the "how" associated with the goal is having a "why." And people much smarter than me have made that saying famous. If you have a why, you can tolerate the how. So, the question becomes, what's your why?...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!