Russell Crowe reveals his sprawling property was hit by a bushfire overnight

Mail Online | 11/12/2019 | Charlie Moore For Daily Mail Australia
Emzah92Emzah92 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/12/20/20923606-0-image-a-20_1573590495281.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/backup/2019/11/12/7067580557106627966/1024x576_MP4_7067580557106627966.mp4

Russell Crowe's sprawling mansion near Coffs Harbour was hit by bushfire last night as New South Wales endured 'catastrophic' fire conditions.

The Gladiator star tweeted at 3.50am AEDT to say that he was not in the country but his 400-hectare property in Nana Glen had been affected.

Pictures - Grounds - Home - Fire - Firefighters

He added three pictures of the grounds around his home on fire, showing firefighters containing the blaze.

Crowe did not specify how badly his property was affected but no photos showed the house on fire. He did not say who took the photos.

Australia - Family - Friends - Fire - Place

He wrote: 'I'm not in Australia. My family are safe, billeted with friends. Fire hit my place late in the day yesterday. My heart goes out to everyone in the valley.'

Properties in the area were on Tuesday just metres from being engulfed before water-bombing helicopters were called in to douse the flames and bring the fire under control.

Nana - Glen - Residents - Homes - Firefighters

Emotional Nana Glen residents, some whose homes were damaged, claimed firefighters prioritised Crowe's property.

'I'm angry because our friends' house is there burning and all the trucks go to Russell Crowe's,' resident Debbie Waldon told Seven News through tears.

People

'What about normal, everyday people?'

The NSW Rural Fire Service said Ms Waldon's claims were nonsense.

'Firefighters - Homes - Crews - Property

'Firefighters are not aware of whose homes they are being sent to – aerial crews wouldn't be aware of whose property they are...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!