‘The Mandalorian’ Star Werner Herzog Is Too Busy Watching ‘Wrestlemania’ & Criterion Channel To Subscribe To Disney+

The Playlist | 11/12/2019 | Charles Barfield
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/werner-herzog-mandalorian-disney-plus.jpg

Werner Herzog is perhaps the most peculiar member of the cast of Lucasfilm’s new Disney+ series, “The Mandalorian.” That’s not because he doesn’t act much (he has a fair number of roles under his belt), but instead, it’s because you don’t immediately think that the filmmaker would find himself on the set of a “Star Wars” project. But yet, he was. And according to a new interview with Variety, he knows exactly why ‘Mandalorian’ creator-writer-producer Jon Favreau approached him about the role.

“I think there are two reasons: One, he has seen some of my performances as an actor and is completely convinced that I should be part of his new series,” said Herzog. “Second, I think it’s a bit of an homage to my films and to my storytelling and to my way of putting emphasis on world stories, fever dreams in the jungle, quasi-science fiction stories. I think he sees a kindred spirit in me.”

God - Bless - Werner - Herzog - Treasure

God bless Werner Herzog. He really is a treasure.

When the filmmaker-actor was asked about the idea of feeling pressure working with Favreau, considering the director has made some massive films, including this year’s “The Lion King,” Herzog responded in perhaps the best answer to a question ever given.

Films - Herzog

“I do not know what other films he has made,” admitted Herzog.

Herzog would go on to admit, once again, that he’s never seen a single “Star...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!