‘The Mandalorian’ Review: Disney+’s ‘Star Wars’ Series Is Off to a Solid Start

Collider | 11/12/2019 | Dave Trumbore
Click For Photo: https://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/mandalorian-trailer-images-45.png

You know how I know The Mandalorian is good? Because despite Disney+‘s best efforts to hide it from critics, launch it at 3/6am ET on a random Tuesday, and do pretty much everything in their power to de-hype the premiere for the pros out there who had to cover it, it’s still a rockin’ good time in a galaxy far, far away. Some spoilers follow, but if you want a recap of the premiere episode or a place to ask questions after watching it, check out these links.

As for my review, Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni are off to a great start with the first-ever live-action Star Wars series. The Mandalorian goes back to a grittier time, both in Star Wars lore and chronology as well as in a more practical effects aspect. You can really feel the many set pieces that are on display in the premiere, from an ice-crusted planet inhabited by ne’er-do-wells (who frequent a dive bar), to a more urban locale resembling Tatooine that’s populated by ne’er-do-wells (who frequent a dive bar), to a mountainous desert setting that also features ne’er-do-wells, though they opt to guard a highly prized bounty target when not chilling at a dive bar. And that’s where The Mandalorian goes from a tale worth telling to a story befitting Star Wars‘ vast mythology.

Ourselves - First - Pedro - Pascal - Guy

But we’re getting ahead of ourselves. First up, Pedro Pascal. This guy is The Mandalorian, even if we never see his pretty face (an oversight on the creative team’s behalf, if I do say so myself … Will he actually be an alien species we aren’t expecting? I don’t think so.) He’s got swagger, charisma, the skills to survive and succeed in the bounty-hunting profession but also the heart to make sure his allies are taken care of (either through...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Trump - Just saying what the rest won't