Mark Driscoll on Satan, spiritual warfare, and choosing to simply 'do ministry' alongside family

www.christianpost.com | 11/11/2019 | Staff
mel4mel4 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/37/233768.jpg

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

Nearly six years after the public implosion of his Seattle megachurch, Mark Driscoll said his goal is to simply “do ministry” alongside his family.

Driscoll - Forbes - Magazine - America - Pastors

Driscoll, once described by Forbes magazine as one of America's "most prominent and celebrated pastors,” has been leading Trinity Church, a church plant in Scottsdale, Arizona, along with his wife, for three years now. He told The Christian Post that it was started at the behest of his five children.

“My kids called a family meeting and said, ‘Hey mom and dad, we love Jesus, let’s plant a church together.’ They said, ‘Let’s call it Trinity Church.’ Grace’s dad had pastored a Trinity church, so it’s named after the kids' grandpa,” he said.

Family - Project - Kids - Love - Jesus

“We started it as a family project and it’s been so fun because all my kids love and serve Jesus, and we all serve together. My oldest is engaged and getting married to a guy who loves Jesus, and so for us, it’s this really healthy, joyful season where I teach the Bible and do ministry with Grace and my kids.”

Before resigning from Mars Hill Church in Seattle in 2014, Driscoll was popular for his bold and unapologetic preaching. His church, founded in 1996, had expanded to 15 sites across five states.

Stream - Controversies - Accusations - Bullying - Plagiarism

A steady stream of controversies, including accusations of bullying, plagiarism, and misusing church funds to boost book sales, led to his resignation. Mars Hill Church eventually dissolved.

Today, Driscoll says his goal isn’t success or fame; rather, he wants to “love Jesus, be emotionally present with Grace and the kids, and do ministry as a family.”

Bible - Goal

“And that includes me teaching the Bible,” he said. “I just turned 49 and I love what I’m doing, and the goal is to keep doing exactly that.”

Watching his children grow in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Keep the change!